Join PWOW at our largest event of the year as we celebrate the newest scholarship winners at our annual luncheon!
Our featured guest speaker this year is Justice Cindy Olson Bourland.
Justice Bourland is a fifth-generation native of Round Rock, Texas. She attended Southwestern University in Georgetown and the University of Texas School of Law. Prior to being appointed to the Third Court of Appeals in 2015, Justice Bourland was in private practice for 20 years and had extensive experience in trial and appellate cases in state and federal courts. Several cases that she handled in private practice resulted in Texas Supreme Court opinions that are cited throughout Texas. Since January 2019, she has been back in private practice handling business litigation and appeals.
Some of Justice Bourland's accomplishments include:
- Honored by the State Bar of Texas for her Commitment to the Rule of Law and for her Service to the State of Texas;
- Named a “Central Texas Woman of Influence” by the Austin Business Journal;
- Named a “Pathfinder” by the Travis County Women Lawyers Association;
- Listed among Texas’s “Top Texas Verdicts” in Intellectual Property;
- Named a “Texas Super Lawyer”;
- Recipient of the “Austin Under 40 Award” in Law;
- Recipient of the “Austin Outstanding Young Lawyer” award;
- Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation;
- Paul Harris Fellow of Rotary International;
- Former Brazos River Authority board member;
- Member of various clubs and associations across central Texas; and
- Member of Mensa.
Justice Bourland grew up on a ranch and her grandfather was a Captain of the Texas Rangers. Her late husband, Mike Bourland, was a DPS officer. In her free time, she enjoys traveling, hosting parties, riding horses, and raising swans.
Thank you to our Title Sponsors!
Thank you to our Table Sponsors!
Thank you to our Garden Sponsor and our Photo & Video Sponsor!